Alderson Loop is looking for a Big Data Engineer. The Data Domain services team is a new team which was established to build new capabilities for the firm’s research, data science, machine learning, and business analytics efforts. The team is responsible for the ingestion and processing of large, disparate data sets and application of advanced statistical and machine learning methods to produce models and prescriptive data that result in better decisions by our Portfolio Managers, Analysts, and Traders, Quants and/or Applications.
- 5+ years of progressive engineering experience with 2+ years in Data Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years designing and building large-scale data loading, manipulation, processing, analysis, blending and exploration solutions using open source, cloud-based technologies and using Scala, Java, Python and SQL languages
- Strong knowledge of one or more relevant data processing and database technologies e.g. Spark, Presto/Athena, Google Big Query, S3, Parquet, ORC, Hive, Redshift, RDS, Aurora, AWS Lambda and Step Functions, SNS, SQS and NoSQL database e.g. Dynamo/HBase/Cassandra, KDB/OneTick
- Experience in extracting, aggregating, structuring and optimizing the performance of large datasets along different dimensions (e.g. position/instrument/counterparty level)
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge Fund or Investment Bank
- Experience building containerized applications and deploying to public or private clouds, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org